sreda, 20. april 2011

Internet is changing our viewing habits


I was just watching my favorite TV series on my computer and I thought about an important aspect of the new media, which relates to people's free time. Although I'm not a big fan of spending time in front of TV, I admit that sometimes it feels really nice and relaxing to just sit down and watch some movie or series or show that is on. But I think that the TV program here in Slovenia is not very good, because the same movies and series are being played over and over again. And before internet came along, you just didn’t have other options than to accept it.

But now, you don’t have to be a passive TV consumer aka “couch potato”. You can choose. And not just between different TV programs, but also between series and movies, which are broadcasted all over the world. You just need a computer, fast internet connection, and you can have an episode of your favorite series on your computer few hours after it was premiered in some US television station. It would be interesting to investigate the viewing patterns of different groups of people, because I think that more and more people download series and shows, which are not available on their national TV programs.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar